Spring in Central New York...
Potholes cause over 500,000 accident insurance claims per year. Hitting even one pothole can cause damage to springs, struts, frames, rims and tires. When damage is left unchecked, the results can affect future tire wear and alignment, as well as dangerously altering steering and vehicle handling.
AAA, the nation's largest organization for motorists, offers these tips to help protect vehicles against the jarring experience of a pothole encounter:
JOIN THE POTHOLE PATROL!
Send us your pictures, video or even a few warning tips about the most dangererous potholes in the area. We'll post them here and hopefully save a car or two.
Send pictures and e-mails:
- Local therapist accused of allegedly shooting teen with a pellet gun
- Otsego County Sheriff's office seeks assistance identifying suspect
- Oneida woman whose car overturned into Erie Canal dies
- Car found in Barge Canal empty, believed to be stolen
- Update:Yorkville mayor injured in car pedestrian accident
- Ilion man faces charges of rape, sexual abuse
- Five accused of burglarizing Milford Academy
- StormTracker 2 Weather Blog
- Man's arrest brings back mother's pain
- City of Little Falls missing nearly 400 million gallons of water