Spring in Central New York...
Potholes cause over 500,000 accident insurance claims per year. Hitting even one pothole can cause damage to springs, struts, frames, rims and tires. When damage is left unchecked, the results can affect future tire wear and alignment, as well as dangerously altering steering and vehicle handling.
AAA, the nation's largest organization for motorists, offers these tips to help protect vehicles against the jarring experience of a pothole encounter:
JOIN THE POTHOLE PATROL!
Send us your pictures, video or even a few warning tips about the most dangererous potholes in the area. We'll post them here and hopefully save a car or two.
Send pictures and e-mails:
- Search continues for fugitive soldier in Otsego County
- Volunteers to comfort babies needed by Faxton St. Luke's
- 4-year-old saves mother's life in City of Rome
- No escape: Suspect runs into cops at New York conference
- Two face drug charges after Verona traffic stop
- StormTracker 2 Weather Blog
- Richfield Springs man accused of kidnapping estranged wife
- Mother perseveres 10 years after daughter's disappearance
- Utica teens accused of robbing man at gunpoint
- Herkimer County men accused in Bridgewater burglary