Spring in Central New York...
Potholes cause over 500,000 accident insurance claims per year. Hitting even one pothole can cause damage to springs, struts, frames, rims and tires. When damage is left unchecked, the results can affect future tire wear and alignment, as well as dangerously altering steering and vehicle handling.
AAA, the nation's largest organization for motorists, offers these tips to help protect vehicles against the jarring experience of a pothole encounter:
JOIN THE POTHOLE PATROL!
Send us your pictures, video or even a few warning tips about the most dangererous potholes in the area. We'll post them here and hopefully save a car or two.
Send pictures and e-mails:
- StormTracker 2 Weather Blog
- Police release name of woman accused of making threat
- Local subsitute teacher accused of sending indecent material to girl
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office releases most wanted list
- Snow may cause problems during evening commute
- Busy bar night brings friends together for early holiday celebrations
- Ilion police serve warrant on meth lab, 6 arrested
- Woman arrested in connection to Camden bomb threat
- House destroyed by fire after being hit by car
- Cherry Valley man charged with criminal marijuana possession