Spring in Central New York...
Potholes cause over 500,000 accident insurance claims per year. Hitting even one pothole can cause damage to springs, struts, frames, rims and tires. When damage is left unchecked, the results can affect future tire wear and alignment, as well as dangerously altering steering and vehicle handling.
AAA, the nation's largest organization for motorists, offers these tips to help protect vehicles against the jarring experience of a pothole encounter:
JOIN THE POTHOLE PATROL!
Send us your pictures, video or even a few warning tips about the most dangererous potholes in the area. We'll post them here and hopefully save a car or two.
Send pictures and e-mails:
- Rome police officer pleads guilty to raping teen
- Four face drug charges after heroin, cash seized from apartment
- ISIS Recruitment 'a new threat we're facing'
- New York Mills man accused of criminal sex act
- Oneonta residents speak out after beating of college student
- Dolgeville man accused of stealing mounted deer head
- Reward for informing on illegal guns
- Several fire crews fight blaze in Town of Schuyler
- Seven Day Forecast
- StormTracker 2 Weather Blog