Spring in Central New York...
Potholes cause over 500,000 accident insurance claims per year. Hitting even one pothole can cause damage to springs, struts, frames, rims and tires. When damage is left unchecked, the results can affect future tire wear and alignment, as well as dangerously altering steering and vehicle handling.
AAA, the nation's largest organization for motorists, offers these tips to help protect vehicles against the jarring experience of a pothole encounter:
JOIN THE POTHOLE PATROL!
Send us your pictures, video or even a few warning tips about the most dangererous potholes in the area. We'll post them here and hopefully save a car or two.
Send pictures and e-mails:
- Rome woman accused of collecting unemployment while working
- Upstate NY priest charged with endangering child
- Camilla's brother dies in US after head injury
- Seven Day Forecast
- Clayville man accused of threatening woman with pipe
- 'Believe 271:' Firefighters helping fire fighters suffering from life threatening diseases
- Utica man sentenced on federal drug charges
- NYS Education Commissioner visits upstate school district
- StormTracker 2 Weather Blog
- STEALS & DEALS