Spring in Central New York...
Potholes cause over 500,000 accident insurance claims per year. Hitting even one pothole can cause damage to springs, struts, frames, rims and tires. When damage is left unchecked, the results can affect future tire wear and alignment, as well as dangerously altering steering and vehicle handling.
AAA, the nation's largest organization for motorists, offers these tips to help protect vehicles against the jarring experience of a pothole encounter:
JOIN THE POTHOLE PATROL!
Send us your pictures, video or even a few warning tips about the most dangererous potholes in the area. We'll post them here and hopefully save a car or two.
Send pictures and e-mails:
- One killed, one charged in Town of Bridgewater accident
- Empty Utica building is transforming into rooftop restaurant, apartments
- Dump truck tears down wires at Oriskany and Westmoreland roads
- Utica teen accused in series of burglaries, larcenies and vehicle thefts
- Court papers: Missing Blossvale woman told authorities son put her in woods
- DEC advises residents to watch for giant hogweed
- Three local tax preparers among 40 suspended by Cuomo
- Seven Day Forecast
- Utica man accused of attempting to video woman changing
- Utica man faces DWI charges