The Boilermaker School Challenge is where students in grades 7 - 12 form teams based on their district. These school teams then compete against each other to see whose participants did better. The big rivalries in Central New York may continue beyond the school year - Whitesboro vs. New Hartford, Ilion vs. Herkimer and many others.
Date and Time:
2. Each team entry must be submitted on a 2012 Boilermaker School Challenge team entry form no later than June 15, 2012.
3. No team entries will be accepted over the telephone.
4. Only one team can be submitted on Boilermaker School Challenge team entry form.
5. No amendments to a team entry form will be accepted after it has been received by the race committee.
6. A school may enter one team per category, and the team size is unlimited. There is no fee for entering a team. The minimum team size is determined by the scoring criteria listed in items 9.
7. An eligible school is defined as a middle or secondary school between the grades of 7 and 12, in the included scholarship area.
8. Each team runner must be a full-time student (as of June 1, 2009) at the school, or a 2009 graduate of that school.
9. Team scoring will be based on the average 5k or 15k race finish times, based on chip time of:
10. Awards will be given to the first place, second place, and third place team finishers in each category.
11. A student cannot be entered as an official runner for more than one School Challenge team.
12. The team captain will be responsible for the completion, accuracy and verification of the team entry form. Any correspondence from the race committee will be with the team captain – not with the individual team members. The School Challenge team captain must be over 18 years of age, or must be a parent or guardian of a team member. The team captain should provide their email, address and telephone number in case of any problems. The team captain is responsible for compliance.
13. All rules are interpreted by the Boilermaker race committee and any disputes or suggestions must be made in writing to the race division’s director. Decision of the Boilermaker race division’s director will be final.
Prizes and Awards:
The school with the highest percent of participation in both events will also win a trophy.