Boilermaker announcement to come at 5 a.m. with inclement weather possible

By WKTV News

UTICA, N.Y. (WKTV) - Due to heavy rains expecting to enter the area at some point on Sunday, the Boilermaker Committee, in conjunction with government safety officials will make a determination at 5 a.m., on social media and at, with a plan for the day's events. 
Possible scenarios include: shortening the post-race party, and even cancelling the races. 
The Committee said that safety the number one priority for all participants. 
As a precaution, they have stated that If the races do happen, and you do not believe you can finish the race in 2.5 hours, strongly consider not participating so that you don't get caught running in bad weather.
Should the race be cancelled, it would be the first time in the now 37-year history of the race that weather has caused a change in plans, and resulted in a postponement of the big event.

Stay tuned the NEWSChannel 2 for the latest on this developing situation.  

What's On