The JPC 18th Year Week of Celebration
Date(s) & Time(s)::
Weekly on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday at 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM from July 22, 2013 until July 29, 2013
Location: Johnson Park Center 26 Johnson Park Cornhill-Utica, NY 13501-4439
Phone: 315 734 9608
1. Free food and activities including the KIND Kickball Tournament and competitions such as jump rope, track races, aerobics, an eating contest and a Pogo jumping contest. Children will be able to play in JPC’s inflatable bouncy house and obstacle course, along with being able to participate in other games and activities.
Return to event list.
2. JPC/JPA program participants and staff along with the JPC Youth Program Leadership Group-the Youth Voice Initiative- will share their reasons why they do not use drugs or participate in any illegal activities. We will encourage the community to embrace peace, love and unity and actively demonstrate that Positive Change continues to happen in Cornhill and in Utica.
3. An Education/Life Skills Training, Health and Job Fair to educate the community about the health issues stemming from substance abuse and youth violence while simultaneously making employment and job training opportunities available to Cornhill residents.
4. The JPA graduation program participants in the Johnson Park Apartments Safe & Supportive Housing Women & Children’s Program & the Chronically Homeless Single Women. The Alumni Graduates have successful completed two years at JPA in the focus areas of Participation, Respect, Independent Living Skills, Single & Family Life Home Management Skills and Interpersonal Relationships
5. Daily Awards Ceremony to congratulate the Youth Olympics winners and on Saturday is the Final Completion Awards Ceremony with all 1st place winners will receive a Trophy.
Daily Events & Activities Schedule:
Mon-Fri Jul 22-Jul 26 @ 5pm to 8pm.
• Special Free Give-A-Way (& Tue Jul 23)
• 2nd Annual KIND Kickball Tournament
• Mini-Youth Olympics/ Education/Life Skills Training
Thu, Jul 25@1:15pm to 3:15pm
• The Mohawk Valley Housing & Homeless Coalition Meeting with Buffet Lunch
Fri, Jul 26 @ 6pm to 8pm.
• Wedding in Johnson Park
Sat. Jul 27 @12 noon-7 pm (Rain date-Mon,Jul 29 same time)
• Finals-2nd Annual KIND Kickball Tournament
• Finals-Youth Olympics
• Johnson Park Apartments Graduation
Sun, Jul 28 @ 1pm to 8pm.
• Kids Kamp Graduation
• Family Day Banquet
• JCTOD&JPC Birthday Party
• Seed of Hope with The Rev. Meier 25 Years Clean Celebration: