Rob Lowe served a home-cooked meal of spaghetti and burgers on Monday to his "new friends" -- the firefighters working to keep the Thomas Fire from spreading closer to his home.
Lowe, the "Parks and Recreation" and "West Wing" actor, posted on Instagram on Monday a photo of firefighters happily preparing to chow down on the food at his house.
"Dinner for new friends at our house," he wrote on Instagram.
Over the past couple weeks, Lowe has posted fiery images of the blazes during his commutes to work as the fire neared Santa Barbara. In recent days, he has joined in helping the firefighters and praised their efforts in battling the Thomas Fire.
"Helping earlier today. You do what you can, but when it's time.. you GO," Lowe wrote.
"Thank you to all the crews from all over the country who stood tall and saved my town. #respect #gratitude," he wrote.
He also sent his "gratitude and love" to the family of Cory Iverson, a firefighter who lost his life battling the Thomas Fire. Iverson died of thermal injuries and smoke inhalation, according to autopsy results from the Ventura County medical examiner's office.
The Thomas Fire is the largest of a spate of wildfires in California that have affected more than 100,000 residents, forcing many to flee their homes over the past two weeks.
The Thomas Fire has torched 270,000 acres of land already, making it the state's third-largest fire since reliable record-keeping began in 1932. The fire has burned an area larger than New York City, Washington DC and San Francisco combined.
Last week, Lowe posted that he was preparing for a possible evacuation in case the fire came closer to his home.
"Praying for my town. Fires closing in. Firefighters making brave stands. Could go either way. Packing to evacuate now," he wrote on December 10.
- Actor Rob Lowe serves home-cooked meal to Thomas firefighters
- Out of juvenile detention, they're serving meals instead of time
- Screen Actors Guild Fast Facts
- Local Cafe Opens Christmas Morning To Serve Community A Holiday Meal
- Clarence Thomas Fast Facts
- Gusty winds, low humidity tax tired California firefighters
- A New Year, new food resolution: Cook at home
- Local cook turns into Santa
- 'Black Panther' actor is also a Dreamer
- Actor Vince Vaughn arrested for DUI