MARCY – One man was hospitalized following a one-car crash in Marcy that was caused by a deer in the road, according to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office.
Around 11:45 p.m. Tuesday, Nick Ficchi of Holland Patent driving his 2008 GMC Sierra eastbound on Maynard Drive in Marcy when a deer ran into the road in front of his vehicle. Deputies say Ficchi swerved to miss the deer and then went off the road and struck a tree.
Ficchi was transported to St. Elizabeth Medical Center by Kunkel Ambulance to be treated for a possible broken leg.
New York State Police and the Maynard Fire Department assisted the Sheriff’s Office at the scene.
- 1 man hospitalized following crash in Marcy
- 2 injured in Marcy crash
- 1 person hurt in 2-car crash in Marcy
- Marcy man accused of making meth in Rome
- UPDATE: Cavanaugh Road reopened, power back on in Marcy following crash
- State police investigating thefts from vehicles in Marcy
- Remembering the Marcy pedestrian bridge collapse of 2002
- Water outage planned for some Marcy residents on Wednesday
- Several crews respond to garage fire in Marcy
- Crews battle fire at Vince's U-Pull-It in Marcy