Utica, N.Y. - After a year away because of bad weather in 2017, the Utica National Kids Run once again made a big splash at M.V.C.C. in Utica on Saturday.
Kids Run Director Dennis Brenon says everything went off without a hitch and he was very pleased that 1,400 kids took part, "Our 4 to 6 age group, which we had over 600 kids in that division alone, shows running is on the rise, especially here in Central New York."
Brenon says there was even a youngster from Japan that took part this year.
Peyton Judge, an 8 year old from Pennsylvania, made the trip up with her family to take part, "Well my mom is from here originally so it's been a big party and all of our family lives here."
The event is fully sponsored by the Utica National Insurance Group and thanks to that company which employs 1,200 people, this event is free to everyone involved.
Utica National Insurance Group C.E.O. Rich Creedon says it's an honor to be part of such an event that means so much to so many in this community, "This is the 30th anniversary, it's really a great event for the community, we really get to showcase the best the area has to offer and we're so proud to be a part of it."
- 1,400 kids take part in 2018 Utica National Kids Run
- Event information for Utica National Kids' Run on Boilermaker weekend
- Kids Heart Challenge postponed
- Newstalk: Kids Heart Challenge
- Kids Oneida to provide support to Utica Children's Museum
- Utica Children's Museum keeping kids busy on winter break
- 7th annual Relay for Life Kids Walk held in Utica
- Erie Canal Kids Run canceled due to weather concerns
- CMN 2018 Thanks Walmart Utica
- Utica Zoo celebrates National Hedgehog Day