DAVENPORT – New York State Police are investigating a fire in the town of Davenport, Delaware County that killed two children early Friday morning.
Police say the fire at 435 Dehning Rd. in Davenport was first reported around 1:45 Friday.
Police say two children died in the fire, and one adult victim was taken to Upstate Medical University in Syracuse to be treated for burn injuries.
The Davenport, Pindars Corners, Hobart and Kortright fire departments responded to put out the fire, and the Delaware County Sheriff’s Office assisted state police.
State fire investigators are currently assisting with the investigation, and police say a cause has not yet been determined. The investigation is ongoing.
- 2 children killed in Delaware County fire
- UPDATE: Bronx man missing out of Delaware County found dead
- Delaware County teen accused of making terroristic threat against school
- Delaware lawmakers pass Beau Biden Gun Violence Protection Act
- Delaware becomes first US state to fully ban child marriage
- Delaware-Otsego Audobon Society discovers flowers on annual walk
- Woman and 2 children killed in Smyrna fire
- Police identify 2 children killed in central New York fire
- Hundreds gather to remember the 5 children killed in Greensboro fire
- Several cows killed in Lewis County barn fire