UPDATE - Volunteers from the Mohawk Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross is helping five people after a fire late Monday morning on Gibson Street in Dolgeville.
Officials with the Red Cross said the agency provided financial assistance for necessities such as food and clothing to two adults and three teenage children. Volunteers also offered emotional support and comfort kits containing personal care items.
DOLGEVILLE – Fire officials are investigating a fire at a Dolgeville home that killed two dogs Monday morning.
Fire crews responded to the fire at 13 Gibson Avenue around 10:30 a.m. Friday during a power outage in the area, which included the house where the fire broke out.
Dolgeville fire officials say the residents of the two-story, one-family house weren’t home at the time, but four animals were on the second floor. Officials say two of the dogs were killed in the fire and two dogs were rescued.
Officials say the insurance company will determine if the house is a total loss.
The cause and origin of the fire is still being investigated.
- 2 dogs killed, 2 dogs rescued in Dolgeville house fire
- UPDATE: Family dog killed in Frankfort house fire
- Crews battle fire at vacant Dolgeville home
- Mug Club: Dolgeville Violet Festival
- UPDATE: 3 dogs rescued, 2 cats died in Western house fire
- Firefighter injured, dog dies in Rome house fire
- Dolgeville man accused of assaulting ex-girlfriend
- Dolgeville man accused of raping child
- Dog Saves Rome Man's Life
- Local K-9 Dog Receives Narcan