UTICA – Two men were hospitalized following an early morning crash in Utica on Wednesday.
Police say around 3 a.m. Wednesday, 18-year-old David Bellamy Jr. was driving eastbound on Rutger Street when he lost control of his vehicle and then struck and severed a telephone pole, with the vehicle ending up on the sidewalk. Bellamy and his passenger were both taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
In addition to police and fire crews, National Grid also responded to the scene.
Bellamy was ticketed for speeding and failure to maintain proper lane.
- 2 injured in early morning crash in Utica
- Firefighter injured in early morning fire in Utica
- Utica woman injured in Westmoreland rollover crash
- Woman injured after crash into Utica hotel
- Six displaced by early morning fire in Utica
- Power restored late Thursday morning following south Utica crash
- 2 injured in Marcy crash
- Rome police investigating early morning stabbing
- Utica Police release names of those injured in rollover Arterial crash
- Utica firefighter injured responding to Birnie bus fire