DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - Lottery players have a chance at winning two giant jackpots that together amount to nearly $800 million.
The Mega Millions drawing will take place Tuesday night, offering players an annuity jackpot of $343 million, paid over 29 years. The game's cash option is an estimated $215 million. It's the largest Mega Millions prize since a $393 million drawing last August.
On Wednesday night, players of the Powerball game will seek a $440 million annuity prize, or a $278.3 million cash prize. Powerball hasn't had such a big prize since August, when a Massachusetts player won a $758.7 million jackpot.
The odds of winning jackpots in either game are incredibly small. Mega Millions has odds of one in 302.6 million and Powerball is slightly better at one in 292.2 million.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Huge jackpots tempt lottery players
- Mega Millions jackpot winning numbers
- Mega Millions jackpot rises to $521 million
- Jackpot elusive for 3 new upstate New York casinos
- Powerball, Mega Millions jackpots rise to nearly $1 billion combined
- Winning ticket for Mega Millions jackpot sold in New Jersey
- A Tiny House with Huge Benefits
- Masonic Care Community Makes Huge Announcement
- NY Lottery sets sales record, hauling in nearly $10B
- NewsTalk: Players of Utica's 'Godspell'