UTICA, N.Y. - After the Boilermaker thousands rewarded themselves with a nice brew at the Post Race Party.
Runners said it was a good way to let loose and come together after such a demanding race.
"I think it speaks a lot to the tight knit community and I think everybody's here just enjoying themselves," said 15K runner, Andrew Donovan.
The free celebration kicked off at the F.X. Matt Brewing Company, right next to the finish line on Court Street.
There was live music with Maxine Nightingale, the English R&B singer best known for her hits in the 70's.
There were also Saranac beers, non alcoholic drinks, and an awards ceremony.
"It brings people from all across the U.S. We've got family members from Virginia. We've got, people just from all over come in for this thing," said Eileen Hamlin, mother of Erin Hamlin, the Olympic Medalist.
"Everybody's family, we're all family. It's Utica," said Rachel Wojnas, Whitesboro resident.
New this year was a family friendly no-alcohol zone at the corner of Edward and Wasmer streets.
- Runners relax after a demanding race
- Runner collapses during upstate NY race, dies of heatstroke
- 4 local high school runners awarded Boilermaker Road Race scholarships
- Race Analyst Nate Getman breaks down elite runner field
- Race analyst Nate Getman talks top local Boilermaker runners to watch for
- Runners and Walkers raise $23,000 in Rome
- Runners begin 10-mile course from Stittville
- Early access, deferral runner registration opens for Boilermaker 15K 2016
- First-time Boilermaker runner? Apply now for Go The Distance!
- Boilermaker 2018 - Get ready to cheer the runners on!