UTICA – The 40th annual Boilermaker Road Race is underway!
A sea of 14,500 runners took off on Culver Avenue at 8 a.m. Sunday, with the elite runners from Ethiopia, Kenya and elsewhere leading the pack.
Runners will make their way down Culver Avenue and the Parkway, up the dreaded Valley View hill and through the golf course, past the entrance of the Utica Zoo and down to Murnane Field, up the second dreaded hill on Burrstone Avenue, onto Champlin Avenue past Utica College, then onto Whitesboro Street for the last leg of the race where they’ll come to a stop at the Saranac Brewery.
It’s more than a good pair of running shoes and hydration that’ll get these runners to the finish line – thousands of spectators will be there every step of the way, cheering, dancing and pumping up the runners to keep them going to the very end.
Tune into WKTV NBC and WKTV.com/livestream for full coverage of the Boilermaker Road Race!
If you’ve got photos to share, use the hashtag #WKTVRun on social media and we’ll add them to our online galleries.
- Racers on their way in 40th annual Boilermaker 15K
- Boilermaker 15K registration closes out
- Clinton holds 40th annual KAC Run & Walk
- Boilermaker 5K, 15K & wheelchair race top finishers
- Silas Kipruto of Kenya wins 2017 Boilermaker 15K
- Early access, deferral runner registration opens for Boilermaker 15K 2016
- Celebrate the Champions: Boilermaker 15K and 5K Race results
- Boilermaker 15K and 5K races both sold out
- Boilermaker open registration opens Saturday; 15K spots nearly half full
- Boilermaker Road Race unveils 2018 logo, new 15K sponsor