UTICA – Christmas in July, as many locals like to call it, has finally arrived! Boilermaker weekend officially kicked off today with the start of the Planet Fitness Health and Wellness Expo at Mohawk Valley Community College in Utica.
The expo is open 12-7 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday. The expo is a chance for runners to get ready for the big day by picking up their race packets, experience all that the booths have to offer and even fuel for the race with some local foods.
Participants in the 15K race, 5K race and 3-mile walk must have their confirmation email and a photo ID to pick up their race packets. If you’ll be picking up someone else’s packet, make sure you have their photo ID with you, along with a note from that runner or walker.
The expo is free and open to the public, and there’s plenty to see and enjoy even if you won’t be participating in Sunday’s events. The gym will be packed with booths and displays that include much more than just running merchandise, and outside there will be live entertainment, food from local eateries and more.
Parents can also sign up their kids for the Utica National Kids' Run from 12-3 p.m. The kids’ run will take place Saturday morning at MVCC, with different heats underway from 8:15-10 a.m.
From 8-10 a.m. Saturday, you can also sign up for the 3-mile walk. The walk will be held at MVCC this year.
For more information about the Planet Fitness Health and Wellness Expo, click here.
- Boilermaker weekend kicks off with Health and Wellness Expo
- Mug Club: Health and Wellness Expo
- SUNY Poly hosts annual Health and Wellness Expo
- Boilermaker 101: Expo, parking, course maps & more
- Boilermaker weekend kicks off with Sitrin wheelchair reception
- City of Utica Monopoly unveiled at Boilermaker expo
- Boilermaker Sunday kicks off with 5K on Burrstone Road
- Event information for Utica National Kids' Run on Boilermaker weekend
- PHOTO GALLERIES: Boilermaker 2017
- Interactive Boilermaker Section