UTICA, N.Y.-- The Utica Zoo is offering some deals for children, community members and runners throughout the summer.
Boilermaker runners will get free admission to the zoo from July 8-10 from 10 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. Participants of the 15K or the 5K must present bibs at the entrance.
Every Monday night the zoo is offering activities ranging from superhero training camp, to a shakespeare night even a movie night.
Select nights and time are free admission for everyone.
The complete schedule is listed below:
All activities are from 5-7 p.m. and are included with zoo admission (unless noted).
July 11: Superhero Training Camp Have your little ones (ages 4 and up) test their super powers at Superhero Training Camp. There will be several stations throughout zoo grounds for them to run as fast as Flash and the ostrich, hang out with Rosy the tarantula in Spiderman's web, and more. Children will learn that some of the animals have special abilities, almost like superheroes. Also, bring an adult-sized T-shirt to up-cycle into a super cape after completing the training.
July 18: Utica Zoo's Annual Meeting 5 to 7 p.m. in the Rotary Pavilion. Open to the public, but guests are asked to RSVP online at: www.eventbrite.com
July 25: Free Admission Night Free admission for everyone from 5 to 7:45 p.m.
Aug. 1: Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing 5 to 7 p.m. in the Walmart Amphitheater, presented by the Little Falls Theater.
Aug. 8: Peacocks in your locks & Trucks, trucks, trucks. Hair braiding, hair painting, and all sorts of trucks, trucks, trucks in the zoo.
Aug. 15: Movie Night - Rio Nomad Cinema presents the movie Rio on the lawn at 8:30 p.m. (or dusk). Movie goers are encouraged to bring a chair or blanket. General admission is $5 and Utica Zoo Members are $2. The movie is 96 minutes long.
- Running the Boilermaker? Get into the Utica Zoo for free
- Utica Zoo Treats Dads
- Mug Club: Utica Zoo Eggstravaganza
- Event information for Utica National Kids' Run on Boilermaker weekend
- Utica Zoo celebrates National Hedgehog Day
- Boilermaker Committee Run - A hot one!
- Oneida County to give Utica Zoo $300,000 for accreditation efforts
- Hard work underway to prepare Utica Zoo for accreditation inspection
- Utica Zoo welcomes 4 new Mexican Gray Wolves
- City of Utica Monopoly unveiled at Boilermaker expo