VIENNA – A Boonville man was killed in a logging accident in the town of Vienna today, according to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office.
Around 1:26 p.m. today, deputies responded to a wooded area on Elpis Road in Vienna for a report of an unresponsive male. Deputies say 72-year-old Gilbert Martin of Boonville was injured in an apparent logging accident.
Martin was taken out of the wooded area by members of the Camden Fire Department and transported to Rome Memorial Hospital by AmCare Ambulance, where he was pronounced dead.
Deputies say the investigation into his death is ongoing.
- Boonville man killed in logging accident in Vienna
- Man killed in logging equipment accident in Cold Brook
- Boonville Snowfest Postponed
- Woman arrested, 2 hospitalized following overnight Vienna accident
- 2 injured in 2-car crash in Vienna
- Megamillions ticket worth $3,000,000 sold in Boonville
- Boonville banners will honor North Country Veterans
- Boonville teen, Indiana woman win Boilermaker 5K
- Camden woman injured in 2-car crash in Vienna
- Vienna car-pedestrian crash leads to severe injury and arrest