A Camden man is facing a felony sex abuse charge after he allegedly tried to have sexual contact with a child, according to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office’s Chief Deputy Joseph Lisi, director of the Oneida County Child Advocacy Center.
Harvey Dingman, 43, is charged with felony first-degree sexual abuse. According to Lisi, Dingman attempted to have sexual contact with a female child under the age of 13 while in the village of Camden. After his arrest, members of the Child Advocacy Center executed a search warrant at his home.
Dingman was arraigned at the Oneida County Jail, where he’s being held on $5,000 cash bail.
An order of protection has been issued on behalf of the victim, who was also been offered counseling services through the Child Advocacy Center.
- Camden man accused of trying to have sex with child
- Camden man accused of having sexual contact with child
- Florence man accused of raping minor in Camden last summer
- Former Camden high school student pleads guilty
- Camden man facing charges in ongoing narcotics investigation
- Man charged with stealing items from Camden garage
- Rome man accused of raping female child
- Westmoreland man accused of sexually abusing child
- Chittenango man accused of raping child