UPDATE: A section of Oriskany Boulevard is closed this afternoon due to a water main break, according to state Department of Transportation officials.
Oriskany Boulevard is closed westbound between Platt Street and Edward Street. DOT officials say the passing lane is open, but the driving lane and turning lane are closed.
YORKVILLE – The Yorkville Police Department responded to a water main break on Oriskany Boulevard this morning.
The water main break was first reported at 9:55 a.m., according to the Oneida County 911 Center.
NEWSChannel 2 crews on scene report that water was gushing from a manhole for a while, causing part of Oriskany Boulevard to fill up with water. It appears to have been shut off and the water has subsided, but we are still waiting to hear back from Mohawk Valley Water Authority officials with specifics.
A viewer from Whitesboro reported that a few houses in the area are experiencing low water pressure and discolored water.
We will provide more information as it becomes available.
- UPDATE: Section of Oriskany Boulevard westbound closed due to water main break
- Fort Plain Schools closed Thursday due to water main break
- Whitesboro police officer dies in crash on Oriskany Boulevard
- UPDATE: Whitesboro water main break repaired
- UPDATE: Boil water advisory lifted in Oriskany
- Off-ramp on Horatio Street closed due to water main break
- Herkimer County Jail closed for several days due to water main break
- Keeping up with water main breaks