UTICA, NY - A convicted sex offender has been arrested and was taken to the Oneida County Correctional Facility, after police said he ripped off his GPS ankle monitoring bracelet and fled from authorities for three days.
Ronald Cook of Utica was transferred back to Oneida County on Monday after being arrested in Binghamton on Saturday.
The 66-year-old was convicted in 1991 for raping a 24-year-old woman in Binghamton back in October 1990. He is a level three sex offender, and consider dangerous.
Cook was missing since Wednesday, after he ripped off his GPS monitoring bracelet and stopped reporting to his parole officer.
Cook was spotted in Scranton, Pennsylvania, before he was eventually located and arrested at Little Venice restaurant in Binghamton. Police said people in the restaurant recognized Cook from news reports and called police.
Cook is scheduled to be arraigned in Rome City Court on Tuesday to face felony criminal mischief charges.
- Convicted sex offender facing new charges for fleeing from authorities
- Sex offender panhandling
- Westmoreland sex offender accused of having unregistered Facebook account
- Local sex offender accused of not registering address
- Otsego County teen facing several sex abuse charges
- NXIVM leader arrested, faces sex-trafficking charge in NY
- Top offender of gun violence in Utica faces up to 15 years in prison
- Weinstein arraigned on rape, other sex charges
- 2 facing felony drug charges in Utica
- 2 facing drug charges in Herkimer