UTICA, NY – World famous mentalist and speed painter Robert Channing astounded audience members at the Stanley Theater Saturday with his Magic of the Holidays show.
Channing, a New Hartford native, has appeared on America’s Got Talent, The Tonight Show, and The Steve Harvey Show. Just to name a few.
With the help of some randomly selected audience members Channing was securely blindfolded. He then sent them into the audience to gather personal items from the audience and proceeded to guess what they were.
“I think it’s something… is it some sort of Ipad or something? It is? Good. Put that object down and pick up another” he told his assistant.
“Hold it in your hand and caress it over your head. Are you doing that? Ok, put the wallet down, that’s too easy.”
Channing also had members of the audience write down a funny story on a 3 by 5 card and pass it up while he was still blindfolded. He then selected a few and let everybody in the audience in on the stories.
- Robert Channing brings the Magic of the Holidays to the Stanley
- Light up the night at the Stanley
- Mug Club: America Concert at The Stanley
- Rock group America to perform at Stanley Theatre in May
- Cirque D'Or to perform at the Stanley in March
- Passing of the Shillelagh at The Stanley tonight
- Annual Passing of the Shillelagh at the Stanley
- Broadway musical Hello, Dolly! coming to Stanley Theater in September
- Holiday shoppers stroll at Folts Home brings vendors to residents
- CVA students bring gift baskets, holiday cheer to local seniors