COOPERSTOWN - An Otsego County man will not stand trial after he was charged with second degree murder earlier this year.
Perry Webb of Wheat Road in New Lisbon has been ruled mentally incompetent to stand trial after a judge requested a mental health evaluation. This is similar to the ruling made in the Paul Bumbalo murder case in Utica in 2015.
Webb was arrested in June of 2017 in New Lisbon after sheriff's deputies say he killed a man by stomping him to death and attempted to kill another man the same way.
The Otsego County District Attorney says Webb will likely spend the rest of his life in a psychiatric center.
- Otsego County man will not stand trial for New Lisbon murder
- Otsego County Sheriff provides more information on New Lisbon animal cruelty case
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Otsego County seeking governmental improvements
- 104 animals in deplorable conditions seized from New Lisbon farm
- High bail set for Otsego County man accused of parents' murders
- Election Day 2017: Otsego County races
- Otsego County's first baby of the year
- Travel advisories issued in Oneida, Otsego counties