UTICA – It’s been six months since Uber became available in upstate New York, and to celebrate that milestone, Uber is sharing some local ride-sharing statistics about how our community is utilizing the service.
Based on the top drop-off destinations, it's clear that the ride-sharing service is popular with the local college community.
The top 10 Uber drop-off destinations in the Utica area include:
1. The Celtic Harp Restaurant and Pub
2. Utica College
3. Village Tavern
4. Mohawk Valley Community College
5. Hamilton College
6. Bank of America Bus Station
7. Greyhound/Amtrak Bus Station
8. Walmart Supercenter
9. Boehlert Transportation Center
10. Radisson Hotel
The longest trip taken locally was 276 miles from Utica College to Long Island. The most popular time to use Uber is late in the evening on Fridays and Saturdays.
Utica-area Uber drivers have an average rating of 4.85 out of 5, and Utica-area Uber riders have an average rating of 4.9.
For all of the Uber trips taken in the local area, 91 percent of them have an estimated time of arrival of less than 10 minutes, according to Uber.
The U.S. is one of 43 countries were Uber is available.
- During 6 months of Uber in Utica, this is how people are using it
- Uber available in Utica for 'Blackout Wednesday'
- 2 people charged following Utica drug bust
- Beer commercial being filmed in Utica this month
- 3 Lewis County people arrested in months-long meth investigation
- Pure Maple Month Kickoff
- Utica Brewfest 2018- Utica Zoo's biggest fundraiser
- NY Attorney General probing Uber data breach
- Utica councilmember: waive raises
- Utica City Budget