UPDATE: Yorkville police have identified the child who died in a house fire last night as well as her mother who is currently in critical condition.
Police say 7-year-old Taylor Mishlanie died in the house fire, and her mother, 41-year-old Heather Mishlanie, is currently listed in critical condition at Upstae Medical University in Syracuse.
Police say the two were pulled from the second-floor apartment at 95 Campbell Ave. last night by members of the Yorkville and Whitesboro fire departments after the fire broke out just after 10 p.m.
The New York State Police Office of Fire Prevention is curently investigating the cause of the fire, and both New York State Police and the Yorkville Police Department are assisting in the investigation.
YORKVILLE - A seven-year-old girl has died and her mother continues to fight for her life at a Syracuse hospital after being airlifted late last night from the scene of a fire in Yorkville.
The fire started after just after 10 p.m. Thursday night. When our news crews arrived on-scene at 95 Campbell Ave. they found fire crews battling flames. Heavy smoke could be seen coming from the second story apartment
Fire officials say the roof caved in while crew members were working to battle the flames. Neighbors told NEWSChannel 2 crews that firefighters also had a tough time getting water to the scene because the closest fire hydrant was frozen shut.
Authorities were still on the scene as early as 5:30 a.m. Friday morning.
At 12:30 a.m. overnight we also learned a seven-year-old was rushed to St. Luke's, where she died. Her mother was airlifted to Upstate Medical University in Syracuse where she is listed in critical condition.
Officials are not confirming information about the circumstances under which the mother and daughter were living in the home.
Officials are still investigating the cause of the fire.
- UPDATE: Police identify 7-year-old fatal fire victim, mother in critical condition
- Mother demands answers in death of 7-year-old daughter
- UPDATE: 21-year-old man in critical condition after Arterial crash
- UPDATE: Police ID victim, driver in fatal Herkimer crash
- Police: Mom used kitchen knife to decapitate 7-year-old son
- Police identify suspect fatally shot inside Douglas County Sheriff's Office
- Mother and her 7-year-old son injured after being shot outside Greensboro apartment complex
- Body found identified as missing mother
- Arnold officer still in critical condition after shooting; medications reduced
- Shark attack near Kona leaves man in critical condition