UTICA -- A local family was surprised with a trip to Disney world at the Utica College game Friday, all thanks to Make-A-Wish.
Before the game began, Seth and his family made their way to the ice and were presented with those tickets.
Six-year-old Seth, of Rome, says he loves all things Disney. So when asked about his one true wish, a trip to Walt Disney World was no surprise.
WKTV’s Audrey Russo told Seth, in front of a crowd of thousands of people, that his wish to go to Disney world would soon be coming true.
Seth suffers a life-threatening inflammatory muscle disease but his mom, Amanda Willson, says he’s a trooper and never complains about his condition.
She says being part of the Make-A-Wish event is a dream come true and she is thankful for the support she has received from the local community.
“There's no better feeling to know that people care, think highly of him, want to do great things for him. It's really the most amazing thing ever," Willson said.
Make-A-Wish is a foundation aimed at creating life changing wishes for children with critical illnesses.
Their representatives say it is their goal to create a special time for the children and their families.
After the announcement Seth and his family celebrated the announcement in a rink side suite, where they ate and watched the game.
- Make-A-Wish surprises 6-year-old boy with a trip to Disney World
- Pence makes surprise trip to Afghanistan
- Boy Suffering Cancer Relapse Surprised With Trip To Super Bowl
- Deputies' stray bullet kills 6-year-old Texas boy, sheriff says
- Pygmy rattlesnake bites 6-year-old boy in foot
- 6-year-old boy's wheelchair stolen from Brandon driveway
- Hero 10-year-old boy follows man who took his 6-year-old sister from Brooklyn school
- Dying father gets donor kidney thanks to T-shirt he made for Disney trip
- 10-year-old boy dies after tripping, falling under school bus
- NEWSTALK: Reach Mission Trip