DAVENPORT, N.Y. (AP) - State police have released the names of the two young children killed in a central New York apartment house fire.
Troopers say 3-year-old Kiley Sullivan and 1-year-old Cody Sullivan died in the fire in the Delaware County town of Davenport shortly before 2 a.m. Friday. Their father, 44-year-old Carmen Sullivan, was taken to Upstate Medical Center in Syracuse with burns.
The county department of emergency services says the four-unit house was fully engulfed in flames, with the children trapped in an upstairs apartment. The old two-story wooden house was a complete loss.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police identify 2 children killed in central New York fire
- Mother's Day in Central New York
- 2 children killed in Delaware County fire
- Oneidas will open new central New York casino March 1
- UPDATE: Thousands of customers without power in Central New York
- EEE detected in central New York mosquito pools
- Presidential visits to Central New York: Facts & history
- Rome Central Fire Station renovations
- UPDATE: Police identify Lowville woman killed in Lewis County crash
- Official: New York state trooper, suspect killed