UTICA – There are some road closures and parking regulations people need to be aware of in the city of Utica for the St. Patrick’s Day Parade, according to the Utica Police Department.
On Friday night, there will be no overnight parking on Genesee Street from the Parkway to North Lafeyette Street.
Beginning at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, Genesee Street will be closed from the Parkway to Eagle Street.
At 9 a.m., the entire parade route on Genesee Street, from the Parkway to Lafayette Street, will be closed. There will be no cross traffic.
Utica police say that no backpacks, aluminum cans and glass bottles will be allowed on Varick Street during St. Patrick’s Day festivities.
Celebrations on Saturday kick off at 9:45 a.m. with the St. Patrick’s Day Mad Mile, followed by the parade at 10 a.m. You can catch live coverage on WKTV NBC until 12 p.m. Saturday, and it will air again at 12 p.m. Sunday.
If you’ll be attending or marching in the parade on Saturday, we’d love to see your photos! Post your photos to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #WKTVGreen, and we’ll add them to our online gallery.
For more St. Patrick's Day coverage, click here.
- Road closures, parking regulations for St. Patrick's Day Parade
- WATCH: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- St. Patrick's Day Parade underway in Utica
- GALLERY: 2018 St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Utica's St. Patrick's Day Parade set for 10AM Saturday
- Old Forge celebrates St. Patrick's Day with annual parade
- Mug Club: Ava Dorfman St. Patrick's Day
- Harried Housewife: St. Patrick's Day Cupcakes
- Grand Marshal for Saint Patrick's Day Parade announced
- Big crowd braves the cold for Utica's St. Patrick's Day Parade