UTICA- Utica Police are warning local businesses to be aware of two people attempting to scam local businesses.
Police said Joshua Eckman and Michelle Schaffner are contacting businesses saying they received an incorrect order and are demanding a refund. Police said they haven't actually placed the order.
- Police warning local businesses of scammers
- Police warn to watch for Scammers
- Snowstorm affects local businesses
- Police: Scammers in Schuyler area posing as town workers to burglarize homes
- Publisher Clearing House scammer robs Deford couple out of $850
- How Do Scammers Call You With Your Own Phone Number?
- Reporter's identity stolen, used by scammer on Facebook
- Small Business Saturday promotes shopping local
- Local Business Pays Off Student Lunch Debt
- Super Bowl keeps local pizza places busy