Photo Gallery 3 Images
Three local burgers have made it into the Top 10 for the New York Beef Council’s Best New York Burger Contest!
The “Bacon Infused Burger” at Uncle’s Tavern in New York Mills, the “Loose Caboose” burger at Crazy Otto’s Empire Diner in Herkimer, and the “Elvis Burger” at Madison Bistro in Wampsville have all made it into the Top 10. Voters submitted more than 400 nominations between April 2-13, and the burgers that received the most votes made it to the Top 10.
To qualify for the Best New York Burger Competition, burgers must be 100 percent beef patty, although other ingredients can be added, and they must be served on a bun or some kind of bread.
Voting is now open to choose the four finalists of the competition. From April 23-29 you can submit your online vote here, and the Final Four will then be judged by YELP’s Elite Squad.
After the judges’ scores and comments are reviewed, the winner of the Best New York Burger Contest will be announced on May 22.
The complete list of Top 10 burgers includes:
- Ale & Angus Pub, Syracuse, “Power Play Burger”
- Blarney Stone, Syracuse, “Blarney Burger”
- Crazy Otto’s Empire, Herkimer, “Loose Caboose”
- Dino’s House of Burgers, Oswego, “The Dino Burger”
- The Grill at the Dome, Tonawanda, “Stuffed Banana Pepper Burger”
- Madison Bistro, Wampsville. “Elvis Burger”
- Millbrook Café, Millbrook, “Walbridge Farm Burger”
- Terrapin Restaurant, Rhinebeck, “NY Hudson Valley Cattle Company Burger”
- Uncles Tavern, New York Mills, “Bacon Infused Burger”
- The Wine Bar at Mirbeau, Skaneateles “Mirbeau Burger”
- 3 local burgers make it to Top 10 in Best NY Burger Contest
- Meatless burger that bleeds and sizzles
- McDonald's to sell a McVegan burger in Europe
- Burger company launches blockchain rewards program, stock soars
- Shaun White finds (and eats) “Flying Tomato” burger in Korea
- Burger King Employees Throw 80th Birthday Party for Loyal Customer
- Superstar burger chef credits prison for his success
- Nope! North Carolina restaurant serving up 'tarantula burger'
- This startup wants to help the planet with meatless burgers
- A Secret Santa surprise for a man working at local burger restaurant