UPDATE (9 a.m.): Utica police say a 20-year-old man and a 21-year-old man were taken to St. Elizabeth Medical Center following the crash on State Route 12 southbound Tuesday night, and the 21-year-old is currently in critical condition.
Police say the 20-year-old driver and a 17-year-old passenger were not hurt in the crash, which occurred around 8:15 p.m. when the driver tried to take the ramp from State Route 12 onto State Route 840 and missed the ramp, according to police.
The names of those involved in the crash have not yet been released.
Police say it appears that speed was a factor in the crash, but the investigation and accident reconstruction is not complete yet.
UPDATE (5 a.m.): The road is now completely re-opened after last night's crash.
UTICA, NY – Two people are being treated at a local hospital following a crash on State Route 12 southbound Tuesday night.
The crash happened around 8:15 p.m. near the New Hartford border.
Traffic in the area is backed up and authorities are re-directing motorists around the crash site, but the left passing lane of State Route 12 has reopened. The ramp from State Route 840 to State Route 12 has also been closed temporarily.
Only one car was involved, which was found flipped over on its roof.
Two people were rushed to St. Elizabeth Medical Center. Officials have not confirmed the extent of their injuries yet.
- UPDATE: 21-year-old man in critical condition after Arterial crash
- 2-car crash temporarily halts traffic on Arterial
- Man charged in murder of missing, pregnant 21-year-old
- Shark attack near Kona leaves man in critical condition
- UPDATE: Police identify 7-year-old fatal fire victim, mother in critical condition
- Arnold officer still in critical condition after shooting; medications reduced
- Woman in critical condition after neighbor shoots gun through wall
- Utica Police release names of those injured in rollover Arterial crash
- Lane closure for Utica North-South Arterial northbound Thursday
- Lifting through adversity: 21-year-old with cystic fibrosis inspires with weight training