NEW HARTFORD – A brand new retail store has opened on Commercial Drive in New Hartford.
At Home, which opened on Wednesday, is located where the former Kmart store used to be. Kmart closed in April 2017 after experiencing a drop in sales.
It was announced in February that At Home would be opening in that location, and crews have been working to renovate both the inside and outside of the building for months. The 100,000-square-foot store has more than 50,000 home décor items, according to company officials, who say it’s bigger than the store location at Destiny USA in Syracuse.
At Home is a home décor superstore that’s headquartered in Texas, and the New Hartford store is the fifth At Home location to open in New York State. The others are located in Syracuse, Albany, Rochester and Greece.
An Open House event will be held June 2 beginning at 9 a.m., which will include gift card giveaways for the first 50 people who visit the store and sign up for store perks.
At Home is also giving a $5,000 donation to the local chapter of Habitat for Humanity in celebration of the new store opening.
Next door to At Home, construction is moving along for a new Big Lots store, which is expected to open sometime this spring.
- At Home opens in New Hartford
- UPDATE: New Hartford pup returns home!
- Raid on New Hartford home leads to drug arrest
- Demolition begins on 11 flood-ravaged New Hartford homes
- New Hartford Budget Gap Fixed
- Power restored in New Hartford
- New Hartford police seek larceny suspect
- New Hartford Police : Shoppers...bring your patience
- Woman killed in New Hartford house fire
- New Hartford police seek Walmart larceny suspect