Our Monday forecast has several factors to watch. Starting off with humidity, levels are expected to rise from muggy and humid to oppressive by the afternoon. This in combination with the already hot high temperatures will put the heat index right around 100 degrees outside! This results in our heat advisories issued across our viewing areas from 10AM to 8PM on Monday.
For tips on how to stay cool during this time, check out this link sent out by the governor's office:
These condtions bring a lot of instability in the atmosphere and we see the development of scattered rain showers and thunderstorms heading into the early afternoon. We are looking very likely we will see severe weather in the form of heavy rain and strong winds in some thunderstorms. This time period looks to last from 1PM to 10PM Monday.
Heading into the latter part of the time frame an upper air trough dips down to our area and that forces the cold front associated with these showers through. This will bring humidity levels and high temperatures back down by the time it leaves on Tuesday.
- Hazy, Hot, and Humid Monday
- Hot, humid weather continues for the 4th!
- Humidity, unsettled weather ahead
- A rare humid October day...
- Rain returns, then HOT!
- Mug Club: Hot Cakes Breakfast
- Harried Housewife: White Russian Hot Chocolate
- Boilermaker Committee Run - A hot one!
- Movin' Mondays: Stretching
- Movin' Mondays: Shoulder Excercise