He’s on a quest to experience the most unique traditional fare in cities around the world, and this week Andrew Zimmern and his Travel Channel crew are in Utica.
Boneyard BBQ was the destination Tuesday for Zimmern’s show “Bizarre Foods: Delicious Destinations.” The restaurant located at the corner of Seward Avenue and Roosevelt Drive is one of the city’s hidden gems, but it won’t be hidden for long.
There is no word yet on when the local feature will air on the Travel Channel, or what menu item caught Zimmern’s attention. Perhaps the pulled pork grilled cheese?
Chesterfield Restaurant will also be featured once again on the Travel Channel, this time on a different show. The east Utica restaurant posted on Facebook that Zimmern and his crew will be back this Thursday night for a TV shoot for “The Zimmern List,” which features all of Zimmern’s personal favorite foods, places and experiences. Last year the restaurant was featured in “Bizarre Foods.”
Chesterfield is taking reservations for during the TV shoot on Thursday, which will be 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- 2 Utica restaurants to be featured in Travel Channel shows
- Restaurant Week kicks off in Utica
- Utica fire crews investigating fire at El Barajo Restaurant
- Proctor student among 70 local artists with artwork featured on Utica banners
- Thanksgiving Travel Forecast
- Summer travel tech guide
- Local restaurant begins accepting Bitcoin
- Fire rips through Newport restaurant
- Travel advisory issued for Arterial, Route 5S in Utica on Wednesday
- Utica Brewfest 2018- Utica Zoo's biggest fundraiser