MARSHALL- Oneida County Sheriff officials are investigating the death of a 5-month-old baby.
Sheriff's officials say deputies and EMS personnel responded to a home on Route 12B in the Town of Marshall Saturday morning.
NewsChannel 2’s Cody Mooney spoke with family members, neighbors and the mother of the little boy on Saturday. His mom told us through her grieving words she woke up Saturday morning like any other morning but found her son face down not breathing. She immediately performed CPR on him, while she was on the phone with 911. Her son was later pronounced dead at Saint Luke’s Hospital in the hours following.
We were also able to speak with the grandmother of the little boy. She told WKTV she was babysitting her grandson yesterday and his health seemed perfectly fine.
Deputies said when they arrived around 6:30 a.m. they found a 5-month old male infant to be unresponsive.
“The first step in this process is to do an investigation like any other case,” said Sheriff Rob Maciol. “Just because we are investigating it does not mean it is criminal.”
The family has set up a GoFundMe account which is linked below.
- Infant Death Investigation
- Infant death investigation underway in Marshall
- Utica police release more information about infant homicide investigation
- Utica police investigating death on William Street
- Florence kills 4, including infant, in North Carolina, officials say
- State police still investigating 1973 death of Oneida Castle woman
- 2 arrested on drug charges in investigation into death of SUNY Oneonta student
- NY AG's investigation into Oneida stun gun death could take months
- Whitesboro Police Investigate YouCaring Scam
- SUNY Oneonta announces death of freshman student