NEW HARTFORD – Five people are facing charges following a fight at Sangertown Square Mall yesterday evening, according to the New Hartford Police Department.
Police say around 6:45 p.m. Thursday, officers responded to a large fight in the food court area of Sangertown Square involving several males. Some of them had already fled the scene, but police found and interviewed one of the males involved, and they got a description of the other males involved from witnesses at the scene.
Police say they searched the mall and found several of the males who were involved, who then ran from the officers through the mall and into Boscov’s. Loss prevention personnel from Boscov’s then helped police find the males sitting in a parked car in the mall parking lot.
The males who were found in the vehicle were identified by a witness as being the ones involved in the fight.
The following people are charged with disorderly conduct: 19-year-old Tahjmaleek Chastine, 17-year-old Jeremiah Reed, 19-year-old
Amhiz Hall, 17-year-old Calvin Valladares and 22-year-old Isiah Silvagnoli. All of the males involved are from Utica.
The five individuals were process at the mall police substation and they were each issued appearance tickets for the Town of New Hartford Court at a later date.
- 5 facing charges following fight at Sangertown Square Mall
- Sangertown Square Mall now providing free WiFi
- 2 restaurants close at Sangertown mall
- Donating to our vets at Sangertown Mall
- Dyslexia Demo at Sangertown
- Utica Comets Team Store to open in Sangertown Mall next week
- New clothing retailer aimed at families to open in Sangertown mall
- Bagg's Square Association hands out annual awards
- Beth Irons' shares Veggie Squares recipe
- Handshake City coming to Bagg's Square in Utica