NEW MILFORD, Conn. (AP) - The mother of a suspect in an apparent murder-suicide spanning three states said in a 911 call that he had confessed to killing three people including his 7-month-old son.
The woman said in the call released by North Carolina police that her son, Steven Pladl, had killed the baby in Knightdale, North Carolina. She reported he also said he had killed his daughter and her adoptive father, who were shot in New Milford, Connecticut.
The boy was born from an incestuous relationship between Pladl and his daughter, who was also his wife.
The mother said in the 911 call Thursday morning that Pladl told her his wife had broken up with him over the phone.
Police said the 45-year-old Pladl was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot later Thursday in New York.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 911 call: Mom says son in incest case confessed to killing 3
- Man's death in state facility spurs call for 911 legislation
- Austin bomber leaves 25 minute 'confession'
- Police: Mom used kitchen knife to decapitate 7-year-old son
- Herkimer Police Department now utilizing county 911 Center for overnight calls
- Otsego Co. Sheriff agrees to recuse himself from son's case
- Local mom promotes World Down Syndrome Awareness Day in honor of her son
- Fugitive accidentally dials 911, officers take him to jail
- Woman struck, killed by police car answering call
- Turkey Trouble? Call Butterball!