(NBC News) Cleanup is underway along the East Coast as cities from the Carolinas to Canada dig out from the first major snowstorm of the new year.
The Massachusetts coastline is frozen solid, a scene out of the arctic on the Atlantic.
An arctic blast is blanketing the Northeast, midwest, and much of the Deep South.
Forecasters say there will be no relief coming until early next week.
The storm is blamed for at least five deaths.
Read more: http://nbcnews.to/2F23mMR
- Arctic blast grips East Coast
- East coast braces for 'Bomb Cyclone'
- Winter storm affecting travel along east coast
- East Coast braces for second Nor'easter
- Newstalk: East Coast Divas in the Jungle
- Winter slowly loses its grip
- SpaceX blasts off!
- Flu epidemic continues to loosen its grip on NY state
- Lake effect snow and arctic air on the way
- The 2018 East Coast Watercross tour holds competition at Sylvan Beach