ONEONTA, NY – Family, and friends of Michael Shaver gathered at the Oneonta Municipal Airport Saturday to remember the avid airman.
Shaver, who was originally from Laurens in Otsego County, was reported missing in 2015.
His remains were found in Florida this past June.
His death in Florida remains a mystery and is under investigation.
Shaver’s sister, Stacie Turner, says her brother learned to fly at the Oneonta airport and would become a member of the crew of Precious Metal Air Racing.
“He would fly over my house and do tricks. He was the best person to know, whether being a friend, a son, a brother, a nephew, anybody. Everybody who knew Michael loved him.”
- Avid airman remembered by family and friends
- Family and friends react to Utica College threat
- Remembering Anthony “Pags” Pagliaro
- Remembering Veterans and their families with Flags for Heroes
- A Bills Season to Remember
- NewsTalk: Compassionate Friends Worldwide Candle Lighting
- Bartlett Baptist Church parishioners remember Pastor Tom
- FURever Friend: Joy from the Herkimer County Humane Society
- FURever Friend: Leo from the Herkimer County Humane Society
- Ilion woman to donate liver to best friend's husband