A water main break has prompted a boil water advisory for residents in the Village of Herkimer. Residents who live in the Petrie Development and along Route 28 will need to boil their water until further notice.
The break happened on Dicke Avenue between Route 28 and Willis Avenue around 7 p.m. Thursday.
Crews worked throughout the night to fix the break.
The boil water advisory will be in effect until further notice, but at least for the next 48 hours.
- BOIL WATER ADVISORY: Village of Herkimer
- UPDATE: Boil water advisory lifted in Herkimer
- UPDATE: Boil water advisory lifted in Oriskany
- Boil water advisory issued for Prospect Water District
- UPDATE: Boil water advisory in New Hartford has been lifted
- Boil water advisory issued for section of Utica
- Water main break closes Buford Highway; boil water advisory in effect
- Village of Herkimer Master Plan 2020 is now a reality
- Boil water advisory issued for Chapman Road area of New Hartford
- Ilion village board approves 10 percent water rate hike