Willowvale Fire Co. and the Ladies Auxiliary donated a total of $7,000 to Believe 271, an organization who provides financial help for firefighters battling life threatening illnesses.
The president for Believe 271 said this donation came at a perfect time because they've seen an influx of applications within the past week.
On Saturday, April 14 Willowvale Fire Company had bingo night and the Ladies Auxiliary, had a chinese auction and bake sale, that attracted 186 people.
The two groups raised $7,000. Brian Healey, the president for the organization said they've had five applications within the past week from firefighters needing help, when they typically get one or two a month. "The need is definitely there. Unfortunately in the fire service cancer is getting to be more prevelant, the need is going to continue to grow, but we're going to continue to grow with partners like Willowvale," said Healey.
He said the money will go directly to the applicants as soon as he's done looking through the applications.
To donate: http://www.believe271.com/
- Believe 271 receives big donation at a perfect time
- NewsTalk: Believe 271 Scholarship
- Mug Club: Believe 271 Scholarship
- Mug Club: Willowvale Fire Dept. Bingo Benefit for Believe 271
- Rome YMCA receives $15,000 donation from KeyBank
- Local Children's Miracle Network Hospitals receives van donation
- 2018 Boilermaker - A picture perfect day!
- Perfect strategy behind USA's historic cross-country gold
- Westmoreland residents receive KKK materials
- The big dance