DEERFIELD - Beth Irons of the Oneida County Public Market joined NewsTalk Friday afternoon to share her recipe for Veggie Squares, which was a big hit in the newsroom!
You can find the Oneida County Public Market outside Union Station in Utica from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday throughout the summer.
2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 head fresh broccoli, minced
1 head cauliflower, finely chopped
1 bunch radishes, finely diced
4 large carrots, shredded
1 bunch green onions, chopped
8 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
1 (2.5 ounce) jar imitation bacon bits
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Unroll crescent rolls onto a baking sheet, press together to form a single sheet of dough.
3. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
4. Mix cream cheese and mayonnaise together and spread the mixture onto the top of each crescent roll.
5. Sprinkle dill weed or garlic salt over crescent rolls.
6. Arrange the broccoli, cauliflower, radishes and carrots on top of the cheese/mayo mixture.
7. Sprinkle the cheese and bacon bits over the veggies.
8. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Before serving cut the crescent rolls into squares.
- Beth Irons' shares Veggie Squares recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Breakfast Pizza Roll recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Dumpling Bake recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Nutty Maple Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Butter Spice Cake recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Butternut Squash Apple Bake
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cran-Apple Muffins
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Maple Crumble Pie