UTICA – Fire officials are investigating a fire that broke out in a garage on Blandina Street in Utica last night.
The Utica Fire Department responded to the fire at 745 Blandina St. around 7:16 p.m. Officials say that nobody was injured, but the garage has extensive damage.
Neighbors say they could see smoke and they were told to evacuate their homes until the fire was put out. Firefighters were able to put out the fire, but they say there were some challenges.
"There was the normal contents of the garage, there was gasoline,” said Deputy Chief Michael Wusik of the Utica Fire Department. “We did ask the owner if there was any propane, he said he didn’t think so and shortly after that a propane tank actually let loose. No matter how much water we put on it, the fire just wasn't acting right. Finally we were able to knock it down."
Fire marshals responded to the scene at well. The cause of the garage fire is currently under investigation.
- Blandina Street garage fire under investigation
- Middleville Garage Fire Destroys Home
- Mohawk garage fire melts house siding
- UPDATE: Garage destroyed by fire in Lee Center
- Several crews respond to garage fire in Marcy
- 2-story garage destroyed in Town of Lee fire
- Utica police investigating death on William Street
- Mug Club: Herkimer VFW Garage Sale
- Mug Club: Neighbors Inc. Annual Garage Sale
- Fire officials investigating Deerfield house fire