(NBC News) President Trump is heading to California Tuesday for the first time since being elected.
It's a state he lost big, and recently targeted for not cooperating on immigration.
Last week, the Trump Administration sued California to block laws that make it illegal to cooperate with federal immigration officers.
Mr. Trump will see 30-foot border wall samples during his trip. He'll also face protesters, opposing his visit.
"He's just trying to build walls. He's just trying to divide us in every way he possibly can," said one demonstrator.
White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders says the President is not going to back away from the wall or sanctuary cities protecting undocumented immigrants.
President Trump is also scheduled to speak to troops Tuesday and attend a fundraiser in Beverly Hills.
Read more: http://nbcnews.to/2Hvi2Vd
- Border wall rising: Trump to inspect prototypes
- Trump: "We need the wall"
- Migrant caravan reaches border
- Autism on the rise
- Free car seat inspections taking place in Ilion today
- Gas prices expected to rise
- Pedestrian fatalities on the rise
- Pres. Trump undecided on troop levels at border
- Another bed bug found at MetLife in Oriskany; Company offers employees free home inspection
- Local unemployment numbers on the rise