With unofficial results tallied, Republican Dennis Bova Jr. is set to face Democrat Marianne Buttenschon in the 119th Assembly District race in November.
On Thursday night, Bova unofficially defeated his opponent, Frederick Nichols, in a Republican primary race. The votes were 862 for Bova and 838 for Nichols.
Bova will take on Buttenschon, who is running on the Democratic and Independence party lines, in the general election on Nov. 6.
The 119th Assembly District seat is being vacated by Assemblyman Anthony Brindisi.
- Bova unofficially wins Republican primary for 119th Assembly District
- It's official: Bova wins Republican primary for 119th Assembly district
- Bova is official winner of Republican primary for 119th Assembly District
- Bova to announce candidacy for 119th Assembly seat
- Candidates in 119th Assembly primary race battle for Republican seat
- Nichols gets name on ballot for 119th Assembly District primary
- Smullen unofficial winner of both primaries for 118th Assembly District
- Otsego County Sheriff Richard Devlin unofficially wins Republican primary
- Tedra Cobb unofficially wins 21st Congressional District Democratic primary
- Bova announces campaign for State Assembly