UTICA- CNY Drones and SUNY Polytechnic Institute teamed up on Sunday afternoon for a drone challenge. The STEM-based Team Drone Challenge hosted several schools from across the northeast.
CNY Drone expert Bob Payne told WKTV the challenge was more than just flying drones.
“It’s more than flying drones,” said Payne. “It’s gearing students towards the real world.”
This year’s challenge theme was “Rig Rescue”, based on a story of a malfunctioning offshore oil platform. Teams were set up and were required to navigate through obstacles to safely secure the facility.
The competition took place in a 30-foot by 60-foot netted drone competition arena at the SUNY POLY gym.
- CNY Drone Challenge
- NEWSTALK: CNY Drones
- CNY Drones Soar into Barnes & Noble
- Celebrity bartending challenge raises funds for Food Bank of CNY
- Schumer Makes Stop In CNY
- NewsTalk: CNY Memorial Stair Climb
- Peak fall color in parts of CNY
- NewsTalk: Composting with CNY Green Cycle
- Noisy homecoming: 17-year Cicadas emerge in CNY
- Strong storms moving through CNY tonight