ILION - Some civic-minded Central Valley Academy students spent the morning delivering holiday gift baskets to Herkimer County seniors who could really use them.
The baskets and the visits from the young students made the seniors’ day at Prindle Apartments in Ilion, but the students and student council members say they got a lot out of it as well.
“It’s so fun to see them so happy when you open the door,” said Amy Castle, a senior at CVA. “They're always excited, they act surprised.”
“A lot of these people, they don't have a lot of family around here, they don't get to see a lot of people, so we like to bring them some holiday cheer,” said CVA senior Shivam Patel.
The high school held fundraisers to fill the gift baskets with items such as popcorn, pop tarts and other things the seniors wanted. The Herkimer County Office for the Aging put the kinds in touch with seniors in need.
- CVA students bring gift baskets, holiday cheer to local seniors
- CVA seniors reflect on merger during annual walk-through tradition
- CVA hosts 12th Annual Mott Marathon Challenge
- Holiday warning: Gift card hacking
- Holiday recycling: Gift wrap, lights, trees and more
- NewsTalk: Mohawk Valley Crime Stoppers basket drive and auction
- New Hartford seniors honor local first responders
- RCIL holds fundraiser to help local seniors
- Holiday shoppers stroll at Folts Home brings vendors to residents
- NY comptroller: Read fine print on gift cards this holiday season