(NBC News) Where there's a celebrity, there's often a cellphone.
"Selfies are the new autograph," notes Steve Galanis, CEO of Cameo, a platform where fans can book personalized shout-outs.
The stars set their fee, which can go up to $1,000. The average is about $40.
Most bookings are gifts.
"24% of our requests have the words 'happy birthday' in it, so that's obviously very popular," Galanis says.
The site has also seen proposals and baby announcements. One Cameo user even booked star daredevil Bam Margera to give a special message to his boss: "Ethan Watson quits!"
Videos are sent to users within seven days, or the request expires.
Cameo has a growing talent pool of more than 3,000 actors, athletes and musicians.
Bookings can only be made through the Android app or online at http://bit.ly/2nK1G35
- Cameo: Bringing celebrities to you
- Wildfire survivors celebrate Christmas
- Flag Day Celebrations
- Delmonico's celebrates the new year
- Frankfort Kiwanis celebrating 90 years
- Utica celebrates Tomato Pie Day
- SUNY Poly students celebrate graduation
- Mug Club: Community Celebration Event
- Utica Celebrates World Refugee Day
- The Boolermaker is back, bringing in hundreds