UTICA – The sudden closure of Feher Rubbish Removal has left dozens of people jobless, but another local company wants to help.
Casa Imports in Utica saw the news, did the math and decided they want to help turn a negative into a positive by hiring some drivers who recently found themselves unexpectedly out of work. Casa is growing and they're in need of drivers to deliver their product to local grocery stores and restaurants.
"You’d have to have a New York State license CDL, A OR B, because we do have both positions open,” said Peter Duniec, general manager for Casa Imports. “The hours are normal working hours Monday through Friday. We have a couple shifts.”
“We're growing, Casa; we need help,” Duniec said.
You can apply to be a driver for Casa by emailing their head of recruitment email@example.com. They have day and night shifts available, and candidates must be able to lift the products they’re delivering.
- Casa Imports looking to hire former Feher drivers
- Feher Rubbish Removal ceases operations
- Trash piling up; customers can't reach Feher Rubbish Removal
- Senate to vote on important resolution Monday at noon
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office talks importance of boater safety
- Lockheed Martin to hire 200 new employees in Syracuse, Owego
- Lions hire Matt Patricia as coach, eyeing the Patriot Way
- Tractor Supply hiring for distribution center in Frankfort
- Commission moves forward in hiring process for fire chief
- The challenges plow drivers face