Photo Gallery 1 Images
ILION – The Central Valley School District has appointed Jeremy Rich as acting superintendent after Dr. Rich Hughes announced his decision to leave the district.
The district Board of Education named Rich acting superintendent at their regular meeting on Thursday, which is effective at the end of business today. Rich currently serves as principal for Barringer Road Elementary School, a position he took over after the merger between Ilion and Mohawk school districts.
In October, Rich was recognized on the U.S. House of Representatives floor by Claudia Tenney when he was named New York's "2017 National Distinguished Principal" by the National Association of Elementary School Principals.
In a farewell message posted on the school's website yesterday, Dr. Hughes said he is leaving the Central Valley School District to take over as superintendent of the Frontier Central School District in Hamburg, Erie County. His job there starts at the end of January.
- Jeremy Rich named acting superintendent of Central Valley School District
- Central Valley BOE expected to appoint Jeremy Rich as superintendent
- Superintendent Rich Hughes leaving Central Valley School District
- Central Valley CSD focusing on internal candidates for new superintendent
- School Bus Camera Safety Act
- MVCC Cultural Series: Rich Redmond's C.R.A.S.H. course for success
- Big & Rich joins Chevy Court lineup for 2018 NYS Fair
- Herkimer BOCES, Central Valley postpone vote on purchase of Remington school building
- Central Valley CSD may extend Remington school building lease to Herkimer BOCES
- Central Valley School officials release statement following arrests of 4 students