(WCSH) A police officer in Maine has become an overnight internet sensation for a video showcasing his angelic voice in uniform.
When Portland Police Officer Jeremy Turner's partner cracked a joke about singing while out on foot patrol in the Old Port, he never knew what was coming.
Turner stood in Tommy's Park and sang a chilling rendition of "O Holy Night."
A crowd started to form, with people videotaping Turner's performance. At the end, the crowd gave him a huge applause.
While his fellow officer may have been joking when he suggested singing, Officer Turner knew it was his secret weapon.
"I've been singing since I was 6-years-old, and I went to the University of Southern Maine and have a degree in music performance," he explained.
Read more: http://on.wcsh6.com/2BgQwaY
- Christmas caroling cop
- Players of Utica get ready to perform 'The Christmas Carol Murders'
- White Christmas?
- Cops vs. coaches benefits Rome's "Shop with a Cop" program
- Cop gives rescued puppy a forever home
- Wildfire survivors celebrate Christmas
- Christmas comedies arrive on NBC
- Christmas cleanup: Cutting the clutter
- Harried Housewife: Almond Christmas Cookies
- Cops: 3 kids, 17 animals removed from 'deplorable' Lafayette home