ONEONTA, NY – The City of Oneonta held its first common council meeting of 2018 Tuesday evening.
Among the items on the agenda, a measure to allow Mayor Gary Herzig to contract lab testing services for the city’s waste water treatment plant.
The council voted unanimously in favor of the measure, with 2 council members absent from the meeting.
Mayor Herzig says what’s being processed at the plant is constantly changing.
“The chemistry changes all the time in the make-up of your product in your waste treatment plant. Different products react differently because they have a different chemical make-up. It’s not a matter of one is better than the other, it’s a matter of finding one that works best in the environment that you have in your own plant.”
The name of the company that will be doing the testing is Pace Analytical out of Melville, New York.
The services will be provided on a trial basis for a period of 6 months.
- City of Oneonta holds first council meeting of the new year
- Oneonta Common Council discuss state grants at meeting
- Utica Common Council holds first meeting of the year
- It's Arbor Day in Oneonta
- Hundreds graduate from SUNY Oneonta
- Oneonta's vision for the future
- First Baptist Church in Oneonta closing after 185 years
- Oneonta Rail Yards may be included in city's master plan
- City of Oneonta opens municipal lots in anticipation of snowfall
- City of Oneonta declares state of emergency; no travel on city roads